Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Antonia by, Willa Cather

This book brought me back to my love of the frontier that I enjoyed so as a girl. I recall reading every Laura Ingalls Wilder book in adoration of the characters and the quiet determination one must have to live a life on the land. I still look up to people who work all day and find joy in the small moments of life. I'd forgotten what a life of ease I truly enjoy. This book doesn't radiate hardship but it shares hardship with a dignified narration that opens your eyes to a life few of us will ever know. I can see parallels between the immigrants working the land at the turn of the 20th century and the migrant immigrants today that enter the USA. I recommend this book highly and suggest you read in bite size pieces to digest slowly the rich characters and story Willa Cather has woven together.

Also Posted on librarything.com

No comments:

Post a Comment